31.10.11

All Hallow's Eve (by Libby)

I love Halloween. It is my all time favorite holiday for 3 reasons: the candy (OH MY GOD! THE CANDY), the costumes (OH MY GOD! THE COSTUMES!) and the history (OH MY GOD! THE-never mind). Halloween has been so commercialized in America, but it was originally a day to honor the dead, as it is one day before All Saints' Day, and two days before All Souls' Day.

The beautiful graveyard near where i live. My deepest respect to those of you who rest
 there now.
 I also love graveyards, which are in so many ways linked to Halloween. I love how spooky they are. I love the idea that those spirits linger there, in a way. Oh, and they make for a great photo shoot ;)


 It's a lovely day for trick-or-treating. And no, i am never too old for that.

Me next to the hill and the willow trees. That is one of my many wigs, worn in honor of all the deseased, platinum blondes out there.

One leather ballet flat and one Gianna Meliani snakeskin heel.

 
I am seriously considering a full perm and lots of bleach. Happy Halloween!