11.10.11

The Pilot

We are here to talk about fashion. And shoes, angry feminist views, and makeup tips. We started this blog to share our ideas, (and outfits) and talk about things. More specifically us, girls. Our days are filled with afternoon mochas, creating our outfits (on a budget), and working hard both in school and the real world. So yeah, there are two of us. We bring you irony, couture, and fabulous vintage boots. 

now, to introduce ourselves:


LIBBY: this is me. if you can't tell, i don't like long car rides...
I am possibly a normal human being, but i have evidence to suggest otherwise.
For me, clothes are not to look hot, sexy, pretty, ugly, etc. They are (CLICHE ALERT!!) to express my feelings/moods. For instance, on a day I'm sad, i very well might wear something ridiculously bright or flamboyant, presumably to cheer myself up. Or i wear sweat pants and a theatrically torn black shirt. Which ever. On a day I'm in a great mood, i prefer stuff i feel good in, (wigs: yes, fedoras: no. tacky black and white faux-fur vest: yes, cardigan: god no, wheelies: yes, high heels: yes, ballet flats: um, no.) I just wanted an excuse to mention wigs and wheelies. Btw, did i mention i have a bright green wig. I have a green wig. Pictures to come.
So here you have it, folks. The legendary (green) Libby reveals the secrets to her madness. Oooo, exciting. Let me hear the applause...
Fine.

KAT: Lets see... i like Andy Warhol, Karen O, and everything Kathrine Hepburn ever wore.         i read Trollope, and  have every issue of Vogue, Marie Clair, Elle, and The New York Times Style Magazine since since 2009. They take up all of my book shelf, and i like to collage with them. NOT scrapbook, collage. i think Vincent Van Gogh was a much better draftsman than people give him credit for. and when i grow up, i want to talk to middle school girls about body image, and the history of beauty. i find that interesting. 
i guess i should talk more about fashion... uh, i like vintage clothing (who doesn't?) and i own a lot of pretty dresses that i never wear. i have way to much gray in my closet, and my favorite item of clothing right now are my high-waisted cigarette pants from BDG. i guess that's all.



We do some posts together, and some apart, it will be more clear once we get into a pattern.
stay tuned-
the girls of Ironic Couture