23.10.11

I Love Rock 'n' Roll! (by Libby)

While my loyalty lies in the 40's in terms of fashion and movies, i don't even care about the music from that decade. I think about things like fashion, movies and music in the sense of decades all the time. And my favorite decade music wise is absolutely the 80's. Oh, and the hair from that time? killer.
Some of my favorite artists of all time are Queen, Joan Jett, and The Bangles. And Blondie. Especially Blondie.
Debbie Harry. Gorgeous lead singer of Blondie. She is my hair idol, the queen of bleach.
HAIR!!!
Debbie with the rest of the band.
Joan Jett. "The first lady of rock". J'adore her music. Hence the title of this post.
Cover to the Joan Jett and the Blackhearts album, "I Love Rock 'N Roll" (1980).
 Queen!!! The love of my life! The dude in the front, with the mustache is the lead singer Freddie Mercury
The lovely Bangles. The artists behind such hits as "Walk Like An Egyptian," and "Manic Monday."
Links for videos of these bands:

Blondie ("Heart of Glass")
Blondie ("Hanging On The Telephone")
Joan Jett ("Bad Reputation")
Queen ("We Will Rock You") ...the cape kills me every time ;) Freddie Mercury is like God.
The Bangles ("Walk Like An Egyptian")

I found a website called Simply Eighties.com. Who knew how awesome the world is sometimes? Simply Eighties.
The reason for there being no pictures of me today (i know, isn't that awful? do you miss me?) is that I'm saving my dandy new hairdo for our group post on Tuesday. aren't you excited??? well, you should be...